2013 was a big year for me. Lots of ups and downs. I set me goals back in February and felt like I only really looked at them again in July. So it was a great surprise to me that when I looked at them again in December that I realised I had nearly ticked them all off. I believe this is the power of the subconscious and that I had set such important goals that I was working towards them every day without even really thinking about them. Write it down, make it happen.
I break my goals into groups and this year I chose to work on Career, Relationships Life, Finance, Health and Family & Friends. At the end of the year each category then gets a star rating for completion - Gold Star - over 90%, Silver Star - 75%, Red Star - over 50% (or thereabouts).
So how did I go?
Career - Red Star
- Complete 18 months in my current role - 18 months and still going strong
- Push myself to make an impact - I have been working on leaving a legacy of great events
- Locate and enrol in an Interior Styling Course - Have read up on the ICSD distance course but have not yet enrolled
Relationship - Red Star
- Organise Date Night once a month - We probably did this officially 2 or 3 times but did make sure we had regular time together
- Organise to do things together - Again did a couple of new things together but not enough
- Plan for our future - Lots of great conversations and plans in place for our future together
Life - Silver Star
- Plan more for birthday's, special occasions, anniversaries etc - This year I vowed to be more organised about celebrating important dates for myself and my family and friends. While I didn't miss any this year, I still feel I want to get better at celebrating and making things extra special.
Finance - Silver Star
- Book a week long trip to a tropical island - The original plan was to take the holiday over the New Year period. While this didn't happen, I did take that trip to Fiji in September.
- Secure a 'nest egg' for the future - I wanted to start saving for a house or just future planning. This is underway currently but didn't come into play during the year as I had hoped.
Health - Gold Star
- Work on maintaining my energy - I have always been a very energetic person but o ver the last few years have suffered from low energy levels due to work, diet and general life stress. This year I made a decision to cut back on the extra work hours, sleeping better, eating better and relaxing more. It is not a natural state for me to just relax. This year I have managed to maintain more of the energy and to listen to my body more.
- Work on a whole body approach of exercise, food and vitamins - I have been jogging 4kms regularly with a friend in the mornings. I have taken more of an interest in what I am eating. While I still love food and often make bad choices I have been more aware of what I am doing. I have also begun to listen to my mum and actually take my multi vitamins
- Plan for my future health wise - I have managed regular visits to the Dr, am working on a plan with my dentist and about to embark on work with a Naturopath
- Being happy and proud of my body shape - While I am not my ideal weight (but who is??) I am more confident about my curves and feel that with some more self control I can gain more confidence as my shape changes and develops as my habits get better. I am proud of my current body shape.
Family & Friends - Gold Star
- Make more time for friends; visits, dinners and nights out - My move back to South Yarra had a lot to do with my ability to keep this goal on track. I have spent time at least once a week with friends and have managed to maintain a fairly consistent catch up timetable with friends throughout the year.
- Talk more often - AS a member of the current world I too easily resort to text, email or even this blog to communicate with family and friends. This year I vowed to talk more and write less to those I care about. An effort but one that I feel has certainly he;per me keep the above goal as most calls led to a catch up.
- Continue to build good relationships with family - I find that those closest to you are naturally the ones that you forget to keep in touch with. So while making time for friends I also made sure that I was talking to my family more. Like some people I know, my family is spread geographically around the country making personal time harder to come by. A great year for family relationships.
So all in all, a good year of goals met, relationships built and strengthened and plans for the future underway. My 33rd year was certainly a year of growth in many aspects. Bring on 2014, I am ready!!