It seems that I am not the only one who has been craving the taste of creamy homemade ice-cream. Thanks to all those who have let me know that you loved the look of my recent cooking efforts. I thought I would share the recipe with you all so that you can enjoy too.
Homemade No Churn Ice Cream
- 1 x 395g Tin Condensed Milk
- 600ml of Thickened Cream
- Flavourings and toppings of your choice
Pour cream and condensed milk into bowl of mix master and whip on medium until soft peaks form. Using a spatula fold in flavourings. Transfer to an airtight continuer and freeze overnight. Makes 1.2L.
Flavour Option 1 - Rum N Raisin
- ⅓ cup of rum or bourbon
- ½ Cup of raisins or sultanas
- 1 Tbs of instant coffee powder dissolved in 2 Tbs of billing water
Leave raisins soaking in rum overnight or for at least 4 hours. You ant the raisins too be plump and have soaked up the liquid from the rum.
Once cream and condescend milk have been whipped, stir in raisins and coffee. Transfer to airtight container and freeze.
Flavour Option 2 - Mint Choc Chip
- 1 x 200g Block of dark chocolate
- 1 x 45g bar of Peppermint Crisp
Break dark chocolate into small pieces. I cut each square into quarters. Finely slice Peppermint Crisp Bar till you have a pile of shavings. Stir both through cream mixture and transfer to airtight container and freeze overnight.
- Fresh, tinned or frozen fruit - swirled through
- Honeycomb - either bought or homemade
- Liquer - stir through a couple of Tbs of favourite liquor and add complimentary fruit
- Chocolate ganache swirl - Make chocolate ganache and swirl through
- Salted caramel
The thoughts are endless. I will keep you updated on my versions as summer continues.