Skip to main content

Ramblings & Blog Links

Apologies for the silence recently. Work seems to have a funny way of taking over and by the time I have gotten home recently the last thing I feel like doing is jumping back on to a computer since that is where I spend my day for work.

But this got me thinking and reading about Blogs and why I chose to start this one. Most Blogs sit idle within a few months of being started and according to some study this seems to be due a lack of passion for the topic chosen to blog about.

Another interesting fact is that it is said that you should pick a niche, a particular subject that you are passionate about to blog about rather than being a generalist. This way your readers get to know what to expect and those passionate about your particular subject will find you and follow you. While this makes sense to me on one hand, I find my self in a quandary as to what particular thing should I focus on? Should I pick something? I my blog pointless if I just cover the random things I love and the concept of celebrating life whenever possible each day?

I started this blog as a way to voice my (many) thoughts and share the things that I love. I like the idea of leaving a virtual and visual diary for family and friends and complete strangers. I also like the idea of having somewhere to write. I have always enjoyed writing and whenever I am called upon to share an update of an event for work I like to tell a story and set the scene. 


Which brings me back to the concept of this blog. I love so many things and in this technological age there are so many more things to see and experience then ever before. This is my space to record and share some of those things. And hopefully along the way, i find a few like minded friends who wish to share the journey along the way.

Is it ok for me to share all the things I love or do I need a direction? Do people want to read about food, fashion, life, happiness and ramblings in one place or are they only looking for blogs that contain a particular interest?


I have taken much inspiration from fellow bloggers and admittedly most of them have a particular focus to their blog. So in the honour of sharing the love (and inspiration  here are some of my favourite blogs to read. (In no particular order)

Food Blogs
Half Baked Harvest
How Sweet It Is
Take a Megabite
What Katie Ate

Interiors & Design
The Decorista
Decorology
La Dolce Vita

Photography
Carla Loves Photography
French Essence - Also great for anything French and ponderings on life

There are many others that I read daily and I look forward to sharing these with you in time.

Another favourite things for bloggers to do is introduce a series of posts on a particular day of the week or month - ie recipes on Tasty Tuesday, Links Sharing, Crushing On etc etc. This sounds wonderful in theory and I look forward to getting to the stage where I can schedule posts and create a few series of my own. I am thinking Recipes, Sunsets ( of course), Travel, Fashion, and Thoughts on Happiness to start. So here goes...

More regular and consistent posts on the way.

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gilmore Girls Inspired Mind Wanderings....

Having spent my weekend immersed in Stars Hollow with our favourite mother and daughter duo, I have now rejoined my reality and have had sufficient enough time to digest this next (and possibly last) instalment of my favourite TV family. I, like many others of around a similar age, spent the early 2000s religiously tuning into Gilmore Girls each week to get my fix of the latest caffeinated goings on in Stars Hollow. While Lorelei and Rory were closer in age than my mum and I, we did share a similar synchronicity of our relationships. We too spent plenty of time together shopping and enjoying hanging out. Though it is only now that i have developed a taste for coffee that we too can share this. So it was with excitement that we sat down Friday night to see what the last 9 years had held for our beloved Lorelei and Rory. Would Lorelei and Luke have finally got together? What adventures and accolades would Rory achieve on the Obama campaign trail as she pushed to dizzying

Handbags

As a girly girl I love shoes, champagne and handbags and fashion and plenty more. But I wanted to share a few handbags I am currently loving. Miu Miu Bag  - Image Making Magique The Hermes Birkin. Bliss Loving the pop of neon Another pop of neon My current favourite pop of neon yellow. Am trying to find my own before winter ends. As you can see my current style crush is a more structured tote. One day I will own a Birkin. Wonder what colour I will choose? A black or tan that will go with everything or something a little more special that shows off my fabulous purchase? I am in handbag heaven with these beauties. Can't wait to find my own slice of perfection. I feel a shopping weekend coming on! xxx

Thoughts and Feelings

Hi all, It's such a great feeling to know that I have a place to to put my thoughts. Whether anyone reads them, or takes them on board, isn't really the point. It's about a safe place to download and share. The good, the bad, the exciting and the ugly. While those close to me will know that the last 12 months have been tough and the last 6 more so, others will probably not have noticed a change in the business as usual version of me.  (aside from a lack of posting anything). Up until recently, I prided myself on that. On projecting that veneer to the world that everything is ok. But honestly inside I am sad. And it made me realise that we put on this veneer, this mask as if being the real version of ourselves would not be liked and accepted. That people would shun us and think less of us for showing our really feelings and our real lives. In this day of social media and the desire to share the best bits of our lives with everyone (those we know and those we don&#